The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow!
We’re all aware that overexposure from the sun’s rays can cause sunburn to skin cancer but did you know that our health gets a boost from those rays?!
Here are the remaining 5 benefits from the power of the sun.
1. Improves Your Sex Life: Austrian researchers discovered that sunshine kick-starts the male sex hormone testosterone, boosting it by 70%, that’s why men are less frisky in March.
2. Make Medicine More Efficient: A Swedish study showed the body’s ability to break down medication depends on the season and the primary component was Sunshine and the Vitamin D you produce.
3. Reduces Kidney Cancer Risk. According to research from the US-based National Cancer Institute men who get a regular dose of sunlight reduce their risk of kidney cancer by 38% compared to those who don’t get as much.
4. Boosts Immunity. Scientists at the University of Copenhagen say Vitamin D gives our immune system the push it needs to fight bacteria and viruses.
5. Lowers Blood Pressure. Check out our post from May 14th, 2013 about how just 20 minutes of sun releases nitric oxide into our bloodstream thereby lowering our blood pressure.