What is Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy is a natural healing treatment, which uses red spectrum light to boost and energize your bodies natural defense system, and brings relief from various aliments. Traditionally this treatment has been used in dermatology offices but they are now available in many spas and salons.
What does it benefit?
- Acne — Red Light Therapy is often used for acne by reducing inflammation
- Anti-Aging — Red wavelengths actively encourage the production of collagen, which provides structure to the skin. By increasing the strength and structure of the skin you reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Rosacea— Red Light Therapy can be very useful in treating the redness, burning and stinging sensation as well as easing itching and papules related to this chronic skin disorder through their inflammation reducing properties.
- Eczema – Red Light Therapy combined with UV are often used together to combat Eczema. UV rays aide in the drying of the blisters and the anti-inflammatory properties of the red light aide in the redness, itching and inflammation so common in this skin disease.
- Scars, Cuts, Abrasions – Red Light reduces the pain and speeds healing resulting in lighter scars.
- Stretch Marks – Red Light Therapy works below the skin’s dermis layer and goes directly to the fatty layer and stimulates cells which boots the production of collagen and elastin proteins.