BEFORE your spray tan try to…
- Avoid waxing or shaving 24 hours before your spray tan.
- Do not apply; make-up, deodordant, perfume, oils, or mosturizers.
- Soak in a warm, not hot, bath before gently exfoliating. The more hydrated your skin is, the easier it will be to remove old tan and dead skin cells. Do use the Exmitt body buff.
- Do apply the Norvell PH Balancing Spray. Mist yourself everywhere and rub it in with light circular motions. This will balance your PH levels to help the spray tan solution adhere to your skin to promote a more even tone.
- Apply barrier cream to the inside of your hands, between your fingers, nails and cuticles, bottom and sides of feet, toes, between toes, toe nails and cuticles. Do not put any barrier cream where you want color!
- Do ask your tanning consultant how to work the booth!
AFTER your spray tan ……
- Use Paraban-Free Norvell maintenance products that will preserve the life and value of your skin and your sunless tan.
- Part of your spray tan may have a cosmetic bronzer for instant results and is only temporary and will wash off during your first shower. Don’t worry – the DHA is and has been developing under that cosmetic bronzer.
- The DHA in your spray tan formula is a clear ingredient that can take up to 24 hours to fully develop. During this time it is important to refrain from any moisture build-up on the skin like swimming, rain, showering, sweating, massage, pedicures and applying any oil based moisturizing products.
- If you must shower prior to the 24-hour waiting period, use a warm water rinse only to freshen up. This may still lessen the overall results of your spray tan.
- Using bar soap or body soaps can strip away your sunless spray tan.